Celebrate National Dog WeekSeptember 26th, 2011
This week is truly for the dogs. Throughout history, dogs have become a vital part of human culture, and for this reason we celebrate them! In many cases, dogs are not only man’s best friend,” but a part of the family. This week, do something special for your dog: take him on his favorite walk, buy him a new Hartz toy, or reward him with a little extra love and affection. About.com offers these great activities that you and your family can do to pay tribute to your favorite canine:
- Draw a picture of a dog you have or would like to have.
- Make dog puppets out of small paper bags.
- Try some of these Dog Craft Projects.
- Make Cardboard Roll Puppets that look like dogs.
- Make and then play this Pet Matching Game.
You can then use these fun art projects to discuss why your dog is an important part of your lives.
Make sure to come back and share with us some of the amazing art you have created! Woof!