Pet Appreciation WeekJune 6th, 2011
Pet appreciation week is a time to celebrate how much our pets mean to us!
Our pets do a lot more for us than provide unconditional love. They help us relieve stress, and encourage us to exercise. According to the Centers for Disease Control, pets can decrease your blood pressure, lower your cholesterol, and increase your opportunities for socialization.
To learn more about the health benefits of pet ownership visit www.avma.org
Here are just a few ideas on how to celebrate this week. This is our chance to encourage our pets to exercise, help them relieve some of their stress, and keep them healthy.
Ideas for Dog Owners
- Add an extra ten minutes to one of your daily walks
- Learn to give your dog a massage to reduce his stress
- Visit the dog park
- Bake homemade dog biscuits full of his favorite flavors
- Make sure his license, vet, and microchip records are up to date
Ideas for Cat Owners
- Play laser beam for a few minutes of exercise each day
- Play him a DVD made especially for cats
- Gently brush your cat or use a massaging grooming glove for a few minutes each day
- Plant some cat grass near one of his favorite hideouts
- Make sure his licence, vet and microchip records are up to date
Our furry friends are not the only ones celebrated this week. Hartz® offers a variety of treats to show your birds, small animals, fish and reptiles that you care.